Recently I spent an afternoon devouring the results of Social Media Examiner’s 2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report. Now in its third year, this report is invaluable to understanding changes in social media marketing. I was particular interested to see the results on the benefits of social media marketing.
Here are the top benefits :
- Generate exposure for your brand and making it stand up to be heard.
- Increase traffic to your site including blog readers, website visitors and opt-in subscribers.
- Improved search rankings to bring your brand to the forefront in your area of specialty.
- Make new business partnerships from connections made and relationships built through social networking.
- Generate qualified leads for your business.
- Reduce overall marketing expenses as your social media efforts gain traction you are likely to spend less on other forms of marketing and promotion.
- Improve sales as connections become prospects and then customers with a better sense of your overall product or service listing and, more importantly, your style.
If you’d like to read the complete report, download a copy here.
I suggest even one or two of these benefits make your social media effort worthwhile. Please, let me know about your successes and don’t forget I’m available to help with your struggles.